Saturday, January 27, 2007

Oh Sure NOW it's Winter

Over the last couple months, I've become very concerned about global warming. I've rarely had to wear a winter jacket, and its Minnesota, in December/January. That's just not right! What happened to winter starting in October? Where did all the snow go? Why aren't my eyelashes freezing together when I blink? The only answer I could come up with was apocalypse via global warming. But hey, at least we'll have nice weather when we all die, right?

I am no longer worried. It's -9 F outside. That isn't counting wind-chill.

Global warming is still an issue, it still shouldn't be in the twenties in January, but winter does still exist. My relief at having winter back was short lived, though, when my car (which until tonight has run perfectly fine) stalled out twice between Target and the Maple parking lot, I suspect due to cold.

Anyone who thinks 'when hell freezes over' is an idiom which means 'never' has obviously never lived in Minnesota.

No comments: